How to Make Your Abundance Affirmations Work
I used to do a lot of affirming when I first learned about The Law of Attraction. I had quite a few affirmation cards that I would use often. However they didn’t always make me feel better in fact most of the times I would feel worse. I now understand why that was so.
Affirmations are tool to change your beliefs
If you think of your life as a building then your beliefs are the foundations of this structure. Beliefs shape reality and they are nothing more then repeated thoughts. Affirmations are a very useful tool to change dated beliefs and thought patterns but they are just a tool none the less, they are only as effective as you make them.
When affirmations annoy you!
Most of the affirmations are strong high frequency statements and if you are somewhere in the vicinity of lower vibrations of fear or worry when you are affirming, these statements will probably annoy you rather then making you feel good. For example if you are in debt and your credit cards bills are right in your face then saying that “I have infinite wealth” will magnify the lack that you perceive. The trick is to soften the affirmation so you can relate to it more.
Five steps to effective affirming
One step at a time, pick yourself from lower frequencies to higher ones. The first thing you need to do before you start affirming about any topic is to be aware of your in the moment vibration or feelings regarding that topic. In this article I will focus on abundance because this is the area where most people are struggling these days.
1) So let’s say it is your finances and you feel not in alignment with your self when you think about the “money issue”. Let’s work on this you can say, “Even though I don’t feel good about my finances, I am o.k.”
Say it as many times as you want until you do feel o.k. You can also meditate on it. Be at one with the situation and know that any situation doesn’t carry any meaning other then the one you assign to it and that is the result you get from it. This is not some airy fairy stuff but what I understood from quantum physics and from my own experience I have found it to be true. You need to be o.k with what is happening, you need to be o.k with what you are feeling, even grateful for this seemingly negative feeling.
Whatever you resist will persist so just allow the feelings and situations as they come. That is when you allow the things to change. You may feel unexpected emotions like sudden giggles or tears this just means that you are dissolving energy blocks within you.
2) Next you can say that, “Even though I have this challenge I choose to find it easy to allow the abundance to flow to me.” Again say it many times and mean it. Feel the flow of energy through you. Meditate on this feeling of well being.
Whatever that we want in this life we want it so that we can feel good and here is the paradox if you feel good without any visible reason, you attract situations that give you more reasons to feel this way.
However one mistake that most people make when using affirmations is that they start to look for the evidence too soon. When you are affirming about something and it doesn’t manifest immediately don’t give up because when you dissolve a belief you can still see its echo around you. Now is the time to check if you have really dissolved your old patterns and programming.
This is how you do it, pay attention to how you feel about a seemingly negative manifestation. If you still feel worried then you haven’t changed the belief and thus the vibration of lack. If you don’t feel concerned about it then congratulations you have succeeded. See your improved thoughts and feelings as the evidence of how well you have done and you will feel better and better.
Then when you are vibrationally alighned with what you want you will see its physical manifestation. But if you look for this too soon and can’t see it, you will lower your vibration and move further away from what you desire.
3) Whatever it is that you are affirming about, you can tailor it to match with what you are feeling now. Don’t force yourself to feel different but gently allow the better feeling thoughts to come to you naturally. There is one affirmation that is my favourite you can use it for anything it goes like this:
“Circumstances don’t matter only my state of being matter.” - Bashar
This will always soothe you no matter what is going on around you.
4) Use soft affirmations until you feel good enough. When you are in that place of high vibration, of excitement and joy use stronger affirmations to take you higher.
In your everyday thinking be more detailed about what you appreciate in life and less detailed about what you don’t. Focus on what you want rather then how you will get it.
How part will take care of itself. Don’t force things to happen but let them happen. Allow the right opportunities, people and situations to come to you and you can only do that when you stop resisting what is in your life now.
5) It is a good idea to end your affirmation session with this one, “I love myself unconditionally”. I have found it to be so effective to feel this love, to value myself, to appreciate the source of everything that is in all of us, the energy that create worlds!
< Thirty Days of Joy & Gratitude!
Crazy for Cricket! >
How To Manifest Your Ideal Reality
Watch Your Thoughts
Consciousness & Conditions
Manifest Your Desires
Law of Attraction & Appreciation
Feeling Based Prayer
Return from how to make your affirmations work to the missing link in law of attraction
Your Opinion Matters!
Please comment on this article and/or share your own experience.